Monday, October 17, 2011

Beaut.ie Gorgeous To Go!


Hey Ladies,

Last week I took a giant leap out of my comfort zone and headed along to a beauty event. I attended the book launch of the new beaut.ie book, Gorgeous To Go! The sibling book to the uber successful Beaut.ie Guide To Gorgeous. I'm a self confessed addict when it comes to the Beaut.ie blog. Not a day goes past that I don't have a gander. So when I heard the book launch was going to be in Brown Thomas's Luxury Halls in Dublin, I felt the need to attend even though this is something way out of my comfort zone. I usually don't attend beauty events as I don't have anyone to go with me and I don't know anyone there either.

So I plodded along. When I arrived, there was a queue out the door a mile long! There was a great buzz about the place and in the far distance I could see the gorgeous Ashling signing books and her sister Kristie chatting away to attendees. I also spotted the beauty bloggers who I regularly read their blogs. But because I was in the queue for over an hour, they were gone once I got my book so I didn't get a chance to speak to them.

But... back to the event. Once you queued up and reached the top you bought your book, then went on to meet Aishling who is beautiful and completely lovely! She signed your book and then you got a goody bag! The good bag had good size samples of things I have never tried! At the event was also the lovely Karen Koster from X-pose, who politely took photos with everyone who asked.

It's been a week since the book launch and I'm reading through the book every time I get a chance! Its bloody brilliant if i do say so myself, it is the brightest and cutest yellow colour and is perfect size to fit in your hand bag. The ultimate seller for me is the advice the book gives you, the book goes into depth about the cult products that everyone should have. Not only does it advice you on what to buy but it also gives you a price range for all budgets! From the expensive to the counter price, to the high street this book suits every ones pockets which has been a little bit tighter since the recession! This book tells you the ins and outs of the product so you wont be dazzled by the counter girls who will sell you crap products for super expensive prices! The absolute best part? The little yellow page holder that always keeps your page so say if you want to get a new cleanser, mark it in your book and go to the shop and find the same one! The book also has notes in it so you can jot down prices you see or advice from counters.

All in all the book is a great read and an absolute bargain for anyone interested in makeup!

Love,
S

No comments :

Post a Comment