Tuesday, March 06, 2012

My Cupcake Recipe!

Hey Ladies,
I thought it would be nice if I shared my own recipe for vanilla cupcakes. I am very fond of making home made cupcakes, and I make them for all occasions. They are super easy to make, require little effort, don't cost too much and you can create any topping on them to suit your taste. You can also adapt this recipe just to make the base of the cakes...queen cakes!

Here are some that I have previously made...








Now for the recipe....

The Base

What will I need?

  • 150g Butter (Softened)
  • 150g Castor Sugar
  • 175g Self Raising Flour
  • 3 Eggs(Do not refrigerate them, leave them out over night)
  • 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
  • Muffin Cases
How do I do it?
  1. Preheat the oven to 180Degrees Celsius
  2. Line your muffin tray with the muffin cases
  3. Crack the 3 eggs into a cup and beat with a fork
  4. Put all of the ingredients into a bowl and then beat with a mixer for 2 minutes, until light and creamy
  5. Scoop the mixture out of the bowl and begin filling the muffin cases. Only fill the cases 1/3 of the way as the mixture will rise
  6. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes
  7. Remove from the oven and the muffin tray, allow to cool completely on a wire rack
Note: Cakes must be completely cooled before you can ice them.

Handy trick: If you start making your icing when the cakes are in the oven, it can cut down on time!

The Icing

What will I need?
  • 150g Butter (Softened) 
  • 250g Icing Sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Essence 
  • 2 Tablespoons of Hot Water
  • 1 Tablespoon of Food Colouring 
  • Piping Bag and Nozzle
  • Toppings (Optional)
How do I do it?
  1. Beat together the butter and the sugar with an electric mixer
  2. Once they are combined begin to add in the vanilla, water and the food colouring
  3. Beat with a mixer once again until it is smooth and creamy
  4. Grab your icing bag and add in your nozzle of choice
  5. Fill up the icing bag with your icing and ice the base of the cakes
  6. Add your chosen toppings e.g. sprinkles, flakes, mini hearts etc.


......And you're done! 

Simple huh? 
I would love to see your cupcakes using this recipe!
Love, 


2 comments :

  1. These look amazing! Where did you buy the flowers & sprinkles? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the flowers in my local supermarket! They are the Dr.Oeker brand and they taste like holy bread! The sprinkles are just from the containers you buy in the supermarket, the hearts ones were from a Barbie version!

    ReplyDelete