Thursday, April 26, 2012

Effie Trinket Nails

"May the odds be ever in your favour!"


Hey Ladies,
If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen my recreated Effie Trinket nails that I posted last night. I am a huge Hunger Games fan and when I went to see the film I was so mesmerised by the nail designs of Effie Trinket.




The nail look I am going to do today is the pink glitter nails seen at the start of the film during the reaping. This is a super easy nail look to do and only takes around a half and hour.


What do we need? 


For this look you will need a pink polish, a glitter, a cosmetic sponge and a top coat. I used the Glo Baby Glo polish from Penney's, a glitter nail polish from H&M and Seche Vite top coat. I also used a cosmetic sponge, this one is just the standard one you get with a face powder.







 How to do it?

 Begin by applying the pink polish to all of your nails, making sure that the colour is very opaque. Wait for it to dry completely before moving on to the next step. Then taking your sponge, apply a small amount to a corner and begin to pounce the colour up the nail. Apply the glitter to 3/4's of your nail leaving enough space at the top for the pink to be seen. Then repeat the same step once again but only applying the glitter to 1/2 of the nail. Then finally repeat the same step once more to the very tip of the nail to make it completely glittered. Simple huh?

Then waiting until your polish is dry, apply your favourite top coat to seal in your design.







 Happy Hunger Games!
Love,
S

Photo credits:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4



No comments :

Post a Comment