Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Pain Is Beauty And Beauty Is Giving Up.... Milk.

Hey Ladies,


Something that really grinds my gears is my skin and I'm sure you all will agree. My skin has always been acne prone and no matter what I use or what I take it has never gotten any better or settled down to being manageable.

Admittedly, I have possibly the worst diet possible which gives me a reason why I can't moan about my skin, I'm technically doing it to myself. Ive always been a picky eater and an absolute junk food junkie. I really don't like meat or vegetables that much.... Id never pick a salad at lunch. Obvs

But over the past couple of weeks I realised some thing's gotta give. Since I've been with my boyfriend I have been trying to eat better, I would still eat a mountain of junk food but better none the less. Almost three weeks ago now I watched one of my favourite you-tubers (ThePersianBabe) skin care regime video and she spoke about how she has given up dairy products. So, based on a hunch I Googled about the connection between skin and milk, sure enough milk can cause acne. My sister is lactose intolerant so I thought this may be why I have bad skin so I thought I would give it a go!

Even though I have a bad diet one thing I do love is milk. I've always been a big drinker and until I gave it up I never realised how much milk I actually drink. Having a dairy free diet means I cannot have chocolate (boo-hoo) milk or cheese. But I have weaned myself off it all and have taken up a soya diet and only having junk food once a week.

It was hard to do at the beginning with temptation staring you in the face all of the time but admittedly my skin has gotten better. It is still quite spotty looking but not as spotty as before, one big thing that I have noticed is less break outs and make-up is much easier to apply.  It will be a long battle before my skin clears but I am prepared for a fight, a week into being dairy free I got the first cold that I have had in a year! I looked Rudolph-esque for a week and my skin went a bit crazy but I am on the mend now and I am looking forward to my skin getting even better!

I will update you all as the weeks go on!

Love,
S

No comments :

Post a Comment