Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lipstick Lovin'

Hey Ladies,

I am not one for carrying around a bazillion lip products in my bag because I simply do not use them! I am puzzled when I watch "What's In My Bag?" Youtube videos because every Youtuber has at least five products in there at any one time! There is nothing that annoys me more than stuff rolling around the bottom of my bag it is so disorganinsed, but that is a story for another day. The only time I bring a lipstick with me is when I want to look well polished or it is the key piece to my makeup look that day. I thought I would do a quick post on the lipsticks I go to most often and that end up snuggly warm in one of the assigned side pockets of my bag.

First up is MAC Lustre lipstick in Lovelorn. This is one of my newest lipsticks and it is quickly becoming my favourite so move over Up The Amp! As it is a lustre it is creamy and strongly pigmented so it last for ages and keeps my lips hydrated as I don't have to re-apply every hour! It is a very natural shade but in contrast to my pale skin it looks like a bubble gum pink which gives me a fun lip shade without being too much. I normally pair this with a dark smokey eye to give my eyes all the attention but leave my lips with some colour.

The next product that I regularly use is the Elf Matte Lip Color in Coral. I recently picked this up from the Faces Cosmetics stand in the Pavillions Swords after eye balling it for agggesss! I don't know what it was about this product but I just had to have it. The texture of the lipstick is completely matte so it is quite drying on the lips and the color is something I normally wouldn't go for. Alas, it always seems to be the one lipstick I grab when I am running out the door and I just want a hint of color. I usually use this sparingly as when the color is very opaque it does nothing for my skin tone and washes me out!

 


Last but certainly not least is Revlon Just Bitten LipStain + Balm in Frenzy. This is a nifty little lip product as it is a 2 in 1, apply the stain to clean lips and then apply the balm on top to keep lips soft and ensure the colour stays all day. This is my go to product for when I am wearing a very basic eye/face makeup look, it gives the look more of a polished and put together effect. The color I have chosen is quite dark, especially so in comparison to my pale skin tone so it gives me that "just bitten" colour!

I hope you enjoyed this post! We are back to a regular schedule :)
Love,
S

1 comment :