Friday, September 07, 2012

MAC "Fix + Mist" =VS= MUFE "Fix+"

Hey Ladies,
A very important part of being a freelance makeup artist is always being prepared for anything. Regularly my clients get their makeup done for an important event such as a debs, wedding or 21st early in the day which means they need their makeup to last all night. To achieve long lasting makeup I like to use primers and setting sprays which really prolongs the life of a makeup.  

I often get asked by clients which is better Make Up For Ever "Mist and Fix" or MAC "Fix+" which is a very difficult question as these products are supposed to do the same thing but I find that they are quite different in their own way. I thought I would do a quick post on this to give my opinion on how well they work and if they are worth the money if you are interested in buying them for your makeup kit.

Let's take it one at a time...

MUFE "Mist and Fix"
This is my go to spray for clients who need their makeup to last all day and don't want to touch up throughout the night. It is colourless and odorless so it will not affect the makeup and you can apply products on top once it has been applied. I use maximum three sprays for the face to keep everything in perfect place. I also find that if you feel you have over powdered that this spray takes away the powdery look and leaves the skin looking natural. The cost of this product is around €20 so it is very inexpensive and invaluable if you are a makeup artist, it also lasts such a long time as you only need a small amount.


MAC "Fix+"

This spray isn't as long lasting as the MUFE spray but it does a good job if you are only wearing makeup for a couple of hours and you don't want your makeup to budge. I like to use this spray on myself once I have been wearing my makeup for a couple of hours and I want to refresh my face. You can also use this spray on bare skin to increase hydration as it contains green tea, cucumber, chamomile, minerals and vitamins! It is perfect if you are going on a long haul flight if you want to look gorgeous getting off the plane and to prevent skin from drying out because of the cabin air conditioner. I wouldn't really class this as a setting spray but more of a skin perk'r'upper. It is also fantastic to remove the over powdered look also and at €20 it's no harm to have it around.

My choice? I can't choose as they are so different in their own way but I couldn't go without them in my kit.

Love,
S


4 comments :

  1. I was so hoping at the end you would say which one was better so I could add it to my must get list!! Iv'e never tried a setting product before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I think they are both fantastic in their own way but if I HAD to choose one it would be the MUFE! Great value for money :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh interesting! Have never tried a product like this before either - though I have used pure mineral water sprays like Vichy and Avene to set my makeup before xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always wanted to try the Avene spray! Is it any good? x

      Delete