Friday, August 16, 2013

Suzie Gets A Shellac!

Hey Ladies,

So recently I decided to treat myself and get a shellac manicure. I had a very hectic week and there is nothing worse than turning up to an important event dressed to impress with chipped nail polish. I popped into the Kate Elizabeth Day Spa in the Omni Shopping Centre in Santry on a whim and luckily they were able to fit me in. I have never tried shellac and I was a little bit hesitant because I have heard mixed reports from people about what state your nails end up after the removal.

After a couple weeks of using OPI Nail Envy nail strengthener I was confident my nails wouldn't be effected too much by the shellac. The process of shellac is so quick and simple and takes no longer than 20-30 minutes depending on if you go in with a polish on like I have, be it shellac or regular enamel. I chose to go for a french manicure something clean and classic. The result was fantastic I really couldn't have asked for a better job and the cost was only €35!

I am a very hands on person so I was expecting it to last about a week before I saw any chips. Rightly so a week in I managed to chip both index fingers. I re-polished it with a basic white just to fill in the gap and after the 14 days of having it on I removed it at home. I have a post coming on that next week to share how I did that! After I removed it I was pleasantly surprised that my nails are still in great condition and aren't snapping like I had feared. Although I did love the shellac I think next time I will go for gellac instead as it is said to be a stronger product which means less chips and also I might go for a coloured nail instead of a french manicure. I found that coming to the last day or two of having it on the white tips started looking a bit grubby.

Keep an eye out for the "Shellac Removal" post coming on Monday if you want my best tricks on removing shellac hassle free.
Love,
S

Check out my name on the receipt its so hilarious!




1 comment :

  1. I really love the colour of your nails in the first photo! but both styles look great :)
    would you like to follow each others blogs via bloglovin? let me know and ill follow you right back
    saida xo

    ReplyDelete