Friday, May 09, 2014

Take Five Friday, What I've Been Loving This Week

Hey Ladies,

Trying to get my blog on track and on a regular schedule I have been trying different topics of post but I can never seem to settle. So I'm changing it up once again and I've decided that every Friday is going to be Take Five Friday, a quick post on five things I have been loving during the week. It keeps everything a little more fresh and different a super way to detach a little from the beauty world and learn a little more about me. 

1. I have never been a huge candle person but since my last trip to the US and most importantly to the mesmerizing Bath and Body Works I have become obsessed. Recently I picked up this mini Jo Malone Candle in Lime, Basil & Mandarin which retails for a whopping €28 but my god it is worth every penny. I am definitely going to pick up another but this time I might go for Pomegranate Noir!


 2. I have tonnes of nail polish as you can probably tell with my millions of blog posts and it's very common that some little gems get lost in the back. Digging through my drawer recently and I rediscovered this beauty that I did a post on AGES ago (link). I won it in a Twitter comp the year before last and had forgot about it since. Definitely going to get my wear out of it this Summer!


3. Bad Neighbours. If you haven't seen it yet you need to hotfoot it to the cinema quick fast. With an all star cast including some serious hotties like Zac Efron and Dave Franco you will be clutching your sides with laughter and praying to the almighty gods that you don't wee yourself. It lacks a little in the story line but all the hilarity (and shirtlessness) makes up for it. 10 out of 10!


4. Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant are three books written by the fantastic Veronica Roth. You may have seen the latest release of "Divergent" the movie, which I also went to see but it was absolutely AWFUL! The books however are brilliant for a light read if you are a not big book person. I am slowly getting back into reading so this was the perfect trilogy with a compelling and adventurous story line. If you like the Hunger Games, you're gonna love this!


5. I have had one song on repeat all week. Little powerhouse Ariana Grande and Australian bad gal Iggy Azalea have teamed up to create this pop chart topper. How similar is Ariana to Mariah? Girl got some skills.



Until next Friday, May the wings of your eyeliner always be even!
Love, 
S



Images are my own, except the Bad Neighbour image which is from Google. 

2 comments :

  1. Such a great idea for a post, Susan - love it!
    First of all... HOW FUNNY IS BAD NEIGHBOURS?! I have to say I was more on the Dave Franco team than Zac Efron but now I'm torn!
    Also, the boy's mammy has Jo Malone candles all over the house and I am mad to get one myself, especially Pomegranate Noir, it's absolutely beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bad neighbours........so hilarious I was in knots the whole way through! Dying to get my hands on Pomegranate Noir, even the name sounds so luxurious. I'm sure you don't mind visiting every now and again :L the woman has good taste!

      Delete