Monday, May 12, 2014

The Beauty Tag

Hey Ladies, 


Over the weekend I was browsing on Lauren's blog (link here) who is such a delightful to follow so I recommend you go check her out. She had posted a Beauty Tag which is something I have never done on the blog before well not that I can remember. She tagged anyone who wanted to do it to get involved so here is my rendition. Let's get into it...




Would you rather lose all of your mascaras, eyeliners and lip products or lose all of your palettes and eye shadows? 
Sacrebleu, I would definitely keep all of my shadows. I think eye liners, mascaras and lip products are much easier (and cheaper) to replace than an eye shadow palette. We all have our holy grail liners, mascaras and lippies whereas eyeshadow is one of those things where you could have 15 shades of brown but you delude yourself by thinking "THEY'RE ALL DIFFERENT!" 

Would you rather chop off all your hair or never be able to cut it again?
For me this one is an obvious choice,  chop it off....I've been there and done that. Hair always grows back so no panic and you can have the best of both worlds.

If you had €500, would you spend this on clothes or makeup?

Being totally honest I would probably buy a killer bag or shoes, I have more makeup than I need and I am trying to narrow down my closet to a "capsule" wardrobe.

Would you rather only use one eye-shadow colour or one lip colour for the rest of your life?

Well, this one is a toughie. I love my classy smoky eye which usually requires more than one eye shadow so that would be bending the rules. I would probably go for a red lip, with my pale skin and a red lip is always classic! 


Bright nails or nude nails all year round? 

The brighter the better, as mentioned in the last question I have really pale skin so nude nails will never ever suit me, NEVER EVER. Whereas bright colors pop off my skin tone.  

Would you rather never be able to use lip gloss or paint your nails again?
Easy peasy, I don't wear lip gloss much to being with so this one answers itself. 


Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one?
Mascaras are my guilty obsession, I am always trying new mascaras to find the HOLY GRAIL! So far I am loving Covergirl Lash Blast, Maybelline The Falsies and Clinique High Impact.

Cant. Get. Enough.

What's your ideal coverage foundation?
My ideal coverage is medium to full, I have acne prone skin with a lot of redness so I need something that covers everything. Usually I pair a light to medium coverage with a concealer so its not thick and cakey but gives me flawwluhhhs skin. 

Favourite high street/drugstore beauty brand?
I think Revlon is a pretty solid brand but it does have its flaws too so I like to mix and match! Little bit of Rimmel mixed with a smidge of Revlon and a dash of L'Oreal and you're laughing. 


Favourite high end beauty brand?

I know it's such a snobby brand to mention but makeup wise it has to be MAC. I think MAC as a whole is a really good brand with some outstanding products so if I had to choose one brand to use for the rest of my life it would be MAC

Is there any makeup you can leave the house without wearing? 

Normally if I'm having a makeup free day I won't be self conscious in public but if I'm having a bad skin week I need a little bit of coverage be it a CC cream or a little bit of foundation.

What is your most cherished beauty product? 
I think my MAC ombre blush in Vintage Grape, it came out a year or two ago and I was dying to get my hands on it and its counterpart Azealea Blossom but they sold out too quick. When I went into MAC the girl just gave me the tester... just gave it to me.....free of charge. I will cherish it always! 

What skin type do you have? 
I did a blog post last week on my skin and my skin care essentials if you want to have a read of that but I'm dry combination but more notably I have an acne prone skin type.  

Do you always use the same skin routine or do you like switching it up?
Throw back again to last weeks post where I mentioned that I have been using the same skincare routine for years. I am a big fan of the Clinique Anti-Blemish range but I do like to swap and change my treatment products like eye creams, masks and cleansers.

Top 5 Beauty Gurus?

In the bloggy world love love love the girls over at Viva Adonis, Lovely Girlie Bits and not forgetting the sensational Cherry Sue, Doin' The Do. On Youtube I idolise NikkieTutorials and Batalash Beauty and just in general... Pat McGrath Or Ve Neill. I count 7 there, whoops. 

Which brand has your favourite packaging?
I really like Nars packaging but it gets absolutely filthy in no time at all and with me being an OCC (Obsessive Compulsive Cleaner) that doesn't bode well.

Which do you apply first, concealer or foundation?

Foundation. Always. 
Name a makeup crime you hate.
Oh there are just too many, I think lately the brow trend is getting out of hand. Brows are bigger and more drawn on than ever before. CAN'T COPE. 

Quick Fire:
Blush or bronzer?
Blush. 

Lipgloss or lipstick?
Little bitta lippie.

Foundation or concealer? 
Depends on the coverage. 

Brushes or sponges? 
Brushes. Always. 

OPI or Essie?
OPI...as I have never tried Essie. Such a bad blogger. 


Lotion or Body Butter?
Lotion.




Phew... that was tough. Hopefully you made it the whole way through. I tag anyone who is interested in doing the tag but shout out to Grace (Long Hair and Lashes) who just started her blog so I tag you and Hannah from (Crumpets and Marmalade) I tag you also. Happy blogging! 

Love, 
S




Image via Google....credit to this lovely lady.

3 comments :

  1. Loved reading this! And thank you so much for tagging me, I can't wait to do it :)
    It's so funny, I specifically remember following you on Twitter and reading about the blush ombre thing in Brown Thomas - lucky you!
    ps. you neeeeed some Essie in your life, gorgeous polishes! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to read your post! You wouldn't believe it but when I was writing about those Ombre blushes that moment popped into my head and I was like "NEED TO TAG GRACE!".

      Delete
  2. Ah only seeing this now! Thanks for tagging me! I totally agree with you on the NARS packaging- I love their makeup but it always ends up so grubby looking! I'm going to do this today! :) xX

    ReplyDelete