Monday, January 12, 2015

Back To Basics!

Hey Ladies,

In today's blog post I want to share with you my secret to a flawless smokey eye. MAC Painterly Paint Pot is a staple that you will find in every MUA's kit and to the unsuspecting eye you wouldn't think much of this little thingamabob!


In simple terms its a cream eye shadow with a pink undertone. It can be worn on its own to even out the eye for example, on my days off I pop a little bit on with my ring finger to make my eyes look less tired and prevent my mascara from running. But when it is paired with eye shadow it helps products last twice as long especially if you have oily peepers and it also helps shadows to pop! There is nothing worse that buying a gorgeous deep purple eye shadow and loosing half the colour when its put on an unprepared eye. Eye primers are so essential to a flawless eye look without them it will be no time before your eye shadow has creased and faded away.


 

MAC do a whole shade range of these paint pots but painterly is the most talked about in the YouTube/blog world. Another firm favourite of mine is Groundwork, its a taupe-y shade that you can use to create a simple smokey eye in seconds! Im hoping in the coming month to do more tutorial style posts/videos so you can see these paint pots in action.

Until next time!

post signature








4 comments :

  1. i just ordered this over christmas! i am really enjoying it, it makes a brilliant primer and my eyeshadow does not budge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is one of those holy grail products, I cant live without it! You should try some of the other paint pots, they're gorgeous on their own or mixed with other eyeshadows! x

      Delete
  2. Love Painterly, I actually ran out of it a while ago but will have to repurchase soon. Can't waaaait to see your tutorial posts in the future :) x

    Long Hair And Lashes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh how have you survived without it?! Ah thanks I used to do them a while back just need to get the mojo going again! x

      Delete