Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Suzie Q Reviews: Eyeko The Love/Hate Relationship!

Hey Ladies,

Let's be honest I'm a fairly fussy person when it comes to mascara. Every time I run out I always like to try a new brand as I am hoping one day I will stumble across The One. Today I am reviewing the Eye Do Mascara by Eyeko and I really don't know where to start with this one.


On the one hand, I love the packaging with the squeezy tube, brush is lovely too nothing to fancy or hard to manage. The formula is jet black and is super duper long lasting, I've ugly cried (you know the one where you literally shake sob) and it didn't even budge. It gives good separation and length but it doesn't have as much volume as I was expecting. This mascara was also created by Alexa Chung, serious girl crush alert.

And on the other hand. This mascara is an absolute pain to remove. No matter if I use a micellar water or an oily eye makeup remover there is ALWAYS residue left on my lashes and in turn on my pillowcase and when I get in the shower I come out resembling Taylor Momsen in her post Gossip Girl days. Disaster. The worst part of all is that with all of the constant trying to remove it, I have noticed a serious amount of lashes falling out. Over the next couple of weeks I am going to try and wear as little eye makeup possible so I can let them recover and re grow before using this mascara again.

With all that said I still love this mascara and I think I'll keep it specifically for nights out or days when I need something a little longer lasting. The price was a little spendy at €21 but in comparison to high end mascaras that do nothing for your lashes at all its the middle of the road which isn't too bad.

And we're on to the next one...
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment