Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Smashbox X Donald Robertson


Hey Ladies,

It's very rare for me to walk up to a beauty counter, fall in love with a lipstick, pick it up and walk straight to the tills no questions asked (no swatches either). Literally when I seen the new Smashbox X Donald Robertson collection I knew it was love at first sight, especially when it comes to the new matte lipsticks. I just HAD to have at least one of the shades so as soon as it hit counters on Tuesday I picked up Femme Fatale. Doesn't that name just scream girl power, love it.


Its a beautiful deep plum colour and even though we are nearing Summer and more brighter colours, I love this shade all year round. It's a matte lipstick but it's very different to what we formally know as a matte. I found this lipstick was extremely comfortable on the lips (infused with Shea Butter) and didn't leave my lips dry afterwards which is a huge plus as I love MAC matte lipsticks but your lips do be in rag order for days after.

It's a very creamy formulation so when applying it, there is no dragging and just one swipe gives you a good layer of coverage so no need to build it up. I've worn it for a good few hours to test it out and it does last very well on the lips and once it starts to wear off there is a slight stain underneath which means you won't have to re-apply too often.







The Donald Robertson collection is on counters now and at €21 a pop I may buy another one of these lipsticks to add to my ever growing lipstick collection! Until then this little unexpected splurge will be my new baby and will probably be featured on my Instagram in the near future.

post signature












No comments :

Post a Comment