Friday, May 22, 2015

Suzie Q Reviews: Sephora Cream Lip Satin


Hey Ladies,

So since the whole scandal with Lime Crime earlier this year (google it!) I have really wanted to try more lip products that are similar to my beloved LC Velvetine in Red Velvet but I am not willing to take the risk with a dodgy company. Instead I started on a quest to find something similar, my first stop was Sephora to try the much talked about Cream Lip Satins. I picked up two shades when I was in Copenhagen and you might have already seen them in my haul video back in February! I picked up the shades 03 Strawberry Kissed and 06 Pink Souffle. Strawberry kissed is a vibrant matte pinky red colour which stands out against my pale skin and Pink Souffle is a gorgeous matte dusky pink which I have worn with my favourite MAC lip pencil Soap and they are stunning together - Kylie Jenner eat your heart out!

Texture wise I am honestly surprised at how good these are. For Sephora own brand I was a little bit snobby and thought they were going to be rubbish but they honestly are phenomenal. They go on with a glossy finish but then dry down to a comfortable matte finish. They are super duper long lasting and hold up really well if you happen to be eating or drinking. I also find with most matte lipsticks that they leave your lips in a haggard state for about a week, oh no not these babies! All in all they are bloody brilliant. I honestly can't remember how much I paid for these as I paid in Danish Krone (most confusing currency) but they wouldn't have been much. I can honestly say I won't be tempted to order from Lime Crime again and instead I will be counting down the days until I get to Sephora again!

Have you got any liquid lipsticks that you would recommend? OR would you purchase from Lime Crime regardless of all the scandal? Let me know in the comments or hit me up on Twitter @WhatsNewSuzieQ.
post signature







4 comments :

  1. I am dying to get to a Sephora to buy some of these - have only heard great things about them! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are bloody brilliant! The sooner I get to Sephora the better!

      Delete
  2. I would neverrrrrr purchase from Lime Crime again and have also been on the hunt for liquid-matte lipsticks because I love that trend. Love the Sleek Matte Me's and the MUA Lip Lacquers. I must give these a go - I thought they were US Sephora exclusive but I'm gonna look out for them in Barcelona and Strasbourg! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totes Grace, not taking no chances! I haven't tried either the Sleek or the MUA lippies, I must stick them on my list to try the! Nooooo you can get them in the EU and they are the bomb.com!

      Delete