Monday, June 15, 2015

Purple Smoke With By Terry

Hey Ladies,

For the past few weeks I have been doing the same makeup look...almost everyday. I bought the highly talked about By Terry Ombre Black Star in Misty Rock back in February and have been getting on famously ever since. At €30 its a steep spend for just an eye shadow stick but it is literally the most gorgeous thing I've ever laid my beady eyes on.

Even those who are eye shadow challenged will be able to master this beauty, simply twist it up and pop it all over the lid and either blend it out with a finger or with a blending brush. I find this fades to a soft brown shade around the edges so its not necessary to add any more shadows with it but you can if you want! Once it's on its sets so you don't have to worry about creasing, although if you do have an exceptionally oily eye lid I would recommend a primer before hand.

So I did a little tutorial using this shadow so you could see it in action:


Product List:
Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
MAC Strobe Cream
Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 010 Light Porcelain
No Brand Buffing Brush
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC15
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
MAC Studio Fix Powder in NW13
MAC Painterly Paint Pot
By Terry Ombre Black Star in Misty Rock
Clinique Eye Shadow Brush
Urban Decay Shadow Brush
MAC White Frost Eye Shadow
MAC Cork Eyeshadow
MAC Wedge Eyeshadow
MAC 224 Brush
MAC 217 Brush
MAC Sketch Eyeshadow
Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer in 1N Extra Light
MAC 212 Brush
MAC 219 Brush
MAC Dipdown Fluidline
MAC 263 Brush
Rimmel Brow This Way in Deep Brown
Inglot Gel Eyeliner in 77
No Brand Paint Brush
MAC False Lashes Mascara
MAC 109 Brush
NYX Powder Blush in Taupe
Crown Brush Contour Brush
MAC Stereo Rose Blush
Real Techniques Blush Brush
Sleek Face Form in Light Highlighter
Nima Brush Wendy
MAC Peach Blossom Lipstick


So would I spend another €30 quid for a different colour from the collection? Definitely! My sister also picked up the same shade and gets great use out of hers! So let me know would you spend that much on an eye shadow pencil? Or do you have any dupes from a budget brand I should know about?

post signature











3 comments :

  1. that's good to know that they are worth the money! i saw misty rock in space nk and completely fell in love with the colour but the price was a lot for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are so worth the money, I have seen mixed reviews online but nothing that a primer couldn't fix. I already have my eye on another shade....oops! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete