Monday, August 17, 2015

Botanics Radiance Balm VS MAC Stobe Cream


Hey Ladies,

So I wanna talk about two products that are compared to each other all the time, MAC Strobe Cream and Botanics Radiance Balm. I often see Bloggers with large followings hype up the Botanics Radiance Balm as a dupe for MAC Strobe Cream and considering the price difference between the two many people have gone out an purchased the Botanics and are raving about it. Now don't get me wrong they are both lovely products but in my opinion they are in no way similar at all, yes they both give a glow to the skin but there is a huge difference between the two.

Strobe Cream is the perfect highlighter for under your foundation as it has a beautiful iridescent colour that gives the skin the ultimate pick me up. Suits from normal to dry skin, oily skins might not get on as well. It has skin blurring properties to give you an over all evenness and if you suffer from dry skin it will prevent foundation from sticking to the skin and helps foundation last longer. In my opinion it is worth every penny of its €33.50 price tag, I often use it on myself and in my free lance kit and wouldn't be without it.


Botanics Radiance Balm on the other hand is €7.99 and in comparison it suits all skin types even those with oily skin. The pigmentation isn't as strong as the Strobe Cream but does give a slight evenness to the skin. I don't find this has any hydration to offer the skin or doesn't help foundation to last any longer that it will on its own. I find that once applied it takes much longer to soak in than the Strobe Cream to absorb and to get the same pigmentation you will need to apply two layers of product.


All in all, yes technically they are both highlighters but they honestly couldn't be further from each other. I would pick Strobe Cream every time regardless of the price tag but hey that's just me. If you know of any other dupes that I can put to the test let me know in the comments below!
post signature





No comments :

Post a Comment