Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Giambattista Valli For MAC

Hey Ladies, 

I normally don't freak out over special collections but I had a total Mean Girls moment, I saw Amber Heard wearing Giambattista Valli for MAC in Eugenie so I needed Eugenie. I stalked the MAC counter in Brown Thomas for months as the launch date kept getting pushed back but eventually I got my hands on it! Annoyingly BT's only got about 10 of each shade and by now they will most definitely sold out.....sorry. Now, this definitely isn't your typical Summer shade of lipstick but we haven't had the most typical Summer this year. It feels like we have just gone and skipped straight into Autumn/Winter. So it will be no time at all before you will be inundated with posts of "The Perfect Autumn Lip". 


The collection contained 5 lipsticks ranging from a pastel pink to a bright pink, to a coral and a classic red but I wanted the deepest and most vampy shade and did I mention it is a matte lipstick? I KNOW! The packaging is just perfection, each lipstick from the collection matches the outer packaging which makes it easy to distinguish from your regular MAC lipstick. The pigmentation is second to none which you can see in the pictures below and I am so in love with this lipstick it's ridiculous. It's not your typical red/burgundy it is almost like it has been brought as far as red can go before it turns into black. It's definitely one of a kind. 


I wanted to post this to ask your opinions on special collections. I obviously will not be able to repurchase this lipstick once it has gone (I will cherish it till then) and it got me to thinking... do you buy from special collections or would you skip it and just purchase from the permanent line? If you fall madly in love with it and only use it on "special occasions" it is kind of going to waste from the fear of wasting it...is it honestly worth the hassle? 
post signature



No comments :

Post a Comment