Wednesday, November 04, 2015

The New Kid On The Block, Watch Out Anastasia!


Hey Ladies,

When I'm doing my makeup there is usually only one product I reach for when it comes to brows and that is MAC Dipdown Fluidline. My holy grail product for perfect brows every time. Sometimes though it's nice to jump out of your comfort zone and try something new especially when you review products on your blog....it's kind of important to switch it up. 
My latest leap has been trying out the Maybelline Brow Satin Pencil in Dark Brown. Basically the idea behind it is very simple one end is a retractable brow pencil and the other end is a smudger. Lets talk about the pencil end first. Colour wise it is a perfect match for me and the pigment is really good. It's quite a creamy pencil so there is no need to drag the skin when applying the product. It gives more of a subtle look so if you rock the power brow then this might not be for you. Lasting all day it and being easy to remove gives it a big thumbs up in my book.
The opposite end is where I find myself a little baffled. There is a smudger brush and some dark brown powder in the cap and the idea is that you fill in your brow with the pencil first to define your shape and then smudge the colour into the brow. Now, unless you have mighty big brows a la Bert or his pal Ernie then you might have some trouble using this. If it had a little angled brush then it would be a little more practical but for €9 in Boots it's a fairly decent pencil.

I have actually been trialing the Brow Wiz by Anastasia Beverly Hills for the past few weeks and have noticed that these pencils are quite similar the only difference being the nib of the Brow Wiz is thinner!

I hope you found this review helpful, let me know below what is your HG brow product? 

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment