Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Suzie Q Reviews: Rimmel Super Curler Mascara

Hey Ladies,

Today I wanted to share with you one of the latest mascara offerings from my favourite budget brands Rimmel. I was chosen with thanks to Beaut.ie to try out this mascara and report back my opinions so I was sent this mascara for free but it doesn't hamper my opinion in any way.
Packaging? Standard Rimmel packaging nothing special. The wand is a curved shape with bristles longer on one side and shorter on the other, I like the fact that is a bristled brush rather than a plastic rubber brush. I find the wand has great control and the curve isn't difficult to use unlike some other mascara's I have tried with a similar wand!

Now to the part we all want to know...is it any good? I love this mascara but it has a few drawbacks. Let me explain, so this is the perfect mascara if you're looking for a day to day curling mascara that gives a nice curl to the lashes and is easy to remove. The drawback? It might give curl but it doesn't offer any volume at all. You can see from my before and after photos below there is only a slight difference between both. I have naturally quite long lashes so this mascara still looks well on me but if you were expecting drama you won't find any with this mascara. One thing I have noticed is that it doesn't clump at all which I have never seen in a mascara before so that was a huge bonus. It claims on the packaging to be 24hr wear and that is a whole load of bull to be honest. It's currently on offer for €6.99 in Boots so if you are looking for a new mascara give it a bash and let me know what you think!
Have you tried any good mascaras lately or have you one that you would like me to try and review? Leave me a comment below!

post signature

2 comments :

  1. Interesting review... and don't think that this one will be for me. Pity case I normally love Rimmel mascaras!

    ReplyDelete