Friday, February 26, 2016

Suzie Q Reviews: Charlotte Tilbury La Dolce Vita Eyeshadow Palette

Hey Ladies,

In case you missed it I posted a video on my YouTube showing you the latest addition to my makeup hoard, the Charlotte Tilbury La Dolce Vita Palette. I wanted to do a blog post with some swatches and a little more info about the palette in case you aren't a subscriber to my channel.


First off lets talk about the packaging...stunning. Charlotte has really hit the nail on the head with this beautiful art deco inspired packaging. With a warm burgundy case and a pop of rose gold on the inside and a HUGE mirror this product looks expensive right off the bat. Please note there is no useless sponge tip applicators so you get more product for your money!

There is four shadows in this palette simply named after what they are intended to do... prime, pop, smoke and enhance. The shadows are buttery soft and can be used wet or dry and in most of Charlotte's tutorials she doesn't use too many brushes and opts for applying the glitter with her fingers. The colours are definitely wearable hence what inspired my YouTube tutorial as you can easily take this palette from day to night. If you are a matte eyeshadow fan this palette won't be for you as all four of the shadows have a shimmer to them but you could put down a matte base before hand and add one of these shadows as a pop of shimmer.

Value wise this palette is EXPENSIVE with a €50 price tag but it is so worth it. It is honestly one of very few palettes that I have used and liked every colour. Usually when it comes to eyeshadow palettes I find a few colours I like and the others go to waste. In terms of versatility as I mentioned before you can switch this up for day to night and you could easily make this palette work with any other eyeshadow palettes in your collection. You can tell this palette has been makeup by a truly talented makeup artist as all four shades perfectly harmonise with each other, no duds here.

As I received this as a Christmas gift and didn't buy it for myself, and I know €50 is a lot of money for makeup but this would make the perfect wedding day palette or a gift for a friend. What girl doesn't get excited when she sees a present from Brown Thomas, less Charlotte Tilbury. I would love in the future to pick up another palette from Charlotte Tilbury and Supermodel Body is also on the top of my want list. If I was to purchase at the CT counter in Brown Thomas I think I would make the most of my money and book myself in for a makeover which is redeemable on products, and that way you can also pick the brains of Charlotte's well trained staff!

So there you have it, the burning questions is would you spend this much on an eyeshadow palette? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments :

Post a Comment