Monday, February 29, 2016

Suzie Q Reviews: Flormar Beauty On A Budget

Hey Ladies,

Way back last Summer I attended the relaunch of Flormar into Ireland, a brand known for its nail polishes and inexpensive makeup. Since then Flormar has grown and almost every pharmacy in my local area has a stand and their products have been written about hugely in the Irish blogging community. I want to give you my two cents on the brand and some of their stand out products!

In terms of quality I was blown away by the packaging, pigmentation and price range of these products. I was kindly given all of these products to try and the item I was most excited for was the Eyeshadow palette no 7 Nude Dudes* costing as little as €9.95. As you can see from the swatches the palette contains  5 matte eye shadows that are incredible soft and pigmented. A neutral matte eyeshadow palette is a staple in any makeup bag. I have been using this palette for quite a while and have found myself reaching for it daily over the likes of my more expensive palettes from MAC or Inglot. If you try anything from this range, let it be the eye shadows. 
Bearing in mind it was the Summer when I attended this event and the goody bag contained a bright orange coral lipstick which at this current moment is a tad bit bright for me. It is one of their Revolution Lipstick in Provocative Orange* and it retails at €6.95. I found the Flormar lipsticks to be seriously creamy and definitely long lasting. The lipstick is tapered at the tip on both sides so there is no need for a lip liner when you first buy it  but it will eventually wear down.  The packaging again for me was surprisingly nice quality. I think in the future I would like to try a few more of these lipsticks in more everyday neutral shades to really put them to the test!
Lip gloss wouldn't be a product I would buy myself and especially not in a colour like Backstage* that is a pink blue duo chrome with glitter, it's a tad too much for me. One thing I will say though is that the pigmentation is bomb and the formulation isn't as sticky as traditional lip glosses. At €5.95 it isn't going to break the back but I'm afraid this product isn't for me.
If you watch my YouTube channel you may have seen me haul these products and one thing I really praise Flormar for is quality for money. With their Face And Body Bronzing Powder* you get a tonne of product for €9.95, the photos below really don't show the true size of this product as it is legitimately bigger than my head. It is super soft and is easily to blend, which is ideal. For the paler gals this one won't suit you but if you a gal who prefers their bronzer to their blush you can't pass this value up and it comes in three different shades!
Last but certainly not least is their Jelly Look Nail Enamel in Turquoise Green*. It took me about a week trying to pry into this product as it was sealed so tightly and love nor money was getting it open. Eventually risking mo fiacla I managed to get it open. First off the formulation is easy to apply and the pigmentation is super strong especially in such a bright colour, in the photo below I applied two coats on my acrylic nails. The only downside for me is that I don't like the pointed lid as it makes it a little harder to hold and control the brush but other than that I think Flormar have nail polish covered and with over 1000 nail polishes in their collection and starting at €4.45!
There are a few more products from the Flormar range I want to try such as the Double Radiance Highlighting Primer and the Blush On blushes. You'll be delighted to know that everything in the Flormar range is under €13 so its beauty on a budget! You can find Flormar in most pharmacies nationwide or you can check their stock list here to find your local stand. As mentioned these products were gifted to me but that doesn't hamper my opinion in anyway. I hope you enjoyed this review and if you would like to see more of Flormar on the blog let me know what products you want to see and bob shall be your uncle.
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment