Friday, November 18, 2016

Suzie Q Reviews: MAC Purples Times Nine

Hey Ladies,

It's rare that I come across a MAC eyeshadow that I don't like and honestly for the price you pay I expect good pigmentation, blend-ability and longevity. I was given the MAC Purple Times Nine palette as a very generous gift and at the time I squealed with sheer delight and couldn't wait to get my 217 brush all up in it. But being totally honest this palette doesn't blow me away. It's smaller than the traditional MAC 15 pan eyeshadow palette, the shadows are half the size and obviously the price point is lower too at 33.50euro. It is ideal if you like a compact, travel sized palette with a variety of colours.
        
There are 6 varieties of these palettes with different colour themes. The shadow texture array from matte to satin to frost. I found the quality of each shadow differed from the next you can see in the swatches below that some shadows are have serious pigment more so the darker tones whereas others are pure crap and you can't even build them up. I have had this now for about a year and I have used it maybe three or four times. If you were thinking about picking up these palettes I would say buy an empty palette and pick your own shades instead, it may cost more but at least you know you will use every shade and that they aren't dud quality.
I always feel funny giving something from MAC a bad review because it's almost sacrilegious but when something isn't up to scratch I don't want any of my readers wasting their hard earned cash on it!
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment